‘EU NEIGHBOURS east’ has published the latest opportunities for students coming from neighbouring countries in the East to support their further development, including job opportunities, traineeships, internships, as well as volunteering opportunities.
Here are included traineeships in EU delegations, the Schuman traineeships in the European Parliament, scholarships by the College of Europe and more.
Traineeships in EU delegations offer young graduates’ insight knowledge about the daily work of EU Delegations, EU foreign policy, as well as EU interests’ representation outside the EU, Erudera College News reports.
Whereas, the Schuman traineeships in the European Parliament aim to improve education and vocational training.
In addition, the College of Europe is offering a considerable number of scholarships to university graduates for post-graduate studies at the College of Europe during the 2021/22 academic year.
These scholarships which cover the academic expenses, food and accommodation, as well as travel costs, are granted to nationals of the following countries:
- The Palestinian Authority
Besides traineeships, the EU will organize several online courses which will be offered to a group of Erasmus+ students.
Online training on digital citizenship for new European citizenship, will be held between December 14 and 19, 2020. This training course will be offered for 40 Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries, partner countries neighbouring the EU.
The Interregional Partnership Building Activity (PBA) in European Solidarity Corps Volunteering Projects will be held between December 15 and 20, 2020, involving 90 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries, partner countries neighbouring the EU.
Another course titled “Improving Key Relationships’ will take place between November 24 and 26, 2020, and will include 100 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries, partner countries neighbouring the EU.
Other academic opportunities offered by the European Union, include:
- Free Online Course “People and Government” for young Ukrainians – the main purpose of this course is to raise the awareness of Ukrainian youngsters on civic and political activities.
- Online Course: “EU policy and implementation: making Europe work!”– it is offered by the University of Leiden in the Netherlands, aiming to teach how the European policy affects daily life.
- Free Online Courses in Media Management, Content Production, and the European Union – offered among others to students of journalism, aiming to teach them the global examples of good media management and journalism.
- Online workshop on European Solidarity Corps volunteering projects in changing times – it will be held on December 3, between 14:00 and 17:00 CET and will be offered to a total of 40 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries, partner countries neighbouring the EU.
Lately, the European Union has published its annual Education and Training Monitor for the ninth year in a row, which this year has been focused on teaching and learning in the digital age. The report has shown that more than 15 per cent of youngsters in EU countries do not possess sufficient digital skills.